1. Important information and who we are
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- identity data includes first name or last name;
- contact data includes email address and telephone numbers;
- marketing and communications data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
The mandatory nature of the information you are required to provide is usually indicated at the time of data collection on the relevant forms. You can explicitly and freely consent or not to the collection and processing of your personal data for these purposes by means of a checkbox.
3. How is your personal data collected?
4. How we use your personal data
The processing of your data is for explicit, legitimate and specific purposes. Your data may be processed for the following purposes in particular:
- To send you commercial information about us;
- To analyze your navigation on our site;
- To answer your questions and requests;
- To follow up on your online application.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
6. International transfers if transfers out of EEA occur
We could share your personal data within the Akur8 Group. This would involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded. We would only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or regulatory requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, or other requirements.
9. Your legal rights
- Request access to your personal data: this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (i) If you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (ii) Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Request transfer of your personal data. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our DPO at email@example.com